Looking for mechanic services in AZ for my XJ40

(Include at least one picture)

Description:
Hi I’m looking for someone with experience in Arizona, west valley, to come over and help my with my timing on my 1991 XJ40. Will pay.
Asking price (if selling):

Contact information:

Cost of shipping (if selling):

Willing to ship worldwide?

Please always be careful before sending money or valuables to someone you don’t know. Use an escrow service if you’re not 100% certain of the identity and integrity of the person you’re dealing with.

By using this service you agree to resolve any and all disputes with the other party directly, and to indemnify and hold Jag-lovers harmless from any claims, losses, liability, or expenses (including attorneys’ fees) that arise from your use of Jag-lovers and this service.

Hi the timing is set by the computer in your car, what do you hope the mech can achieve?

1 Like

right now the car starts and stumbles to a stall, but when I keep the revs above 3k the engine smooths outs. my crankshaft and camshafts are lined up, so I’m assuming my distributor is out of time - which I tried different positions but wasn’t able to get the car running as it should

As I said the timing is set by the computer which gets a signal from the crankshaft position sensor and trigger wheel off the front of the crankshaft. Turning the distributor body does nothing to change the actual point of delivery of the spark. Except when the body is turned so far that the rotor is too far away from the spark plug lead post to be able to jump the gap.

2 Likes

shoot well then, I have no clue what could be wrong with my car then :frowning:

I would look in the direction of air. Either you have unmetered air coming in through some disconnected, or ruptured line, or the MAF may be failing? Play around with the connector at the MAF to see if that has any effects at all? Some people have slightly bent the contacts so that it makes a better connection at the harness.

Veekay you raise an interesting possibility. I am going to pursue this thought back on the original thread in.the #xj40 forum section, in the ‘I broke my engine thread’.