Looking for parts

69 coupe

Good Day. Putting my head together. After being taken apart 35 years ago and stored in bags during 2 moves, I am missing a few things. I already have everything on order, BUT I can not locate 4 missing “ring dowels”. The ones that are pressed into the head and locate the cam caps and studs. Yes, I did check the caps and none were in them. SNG says they are “superseded”, but no link to another part? I have an email in to them, but no response yet.

Anyone know who may have them?

I am very happy with my progress. Got the head back from skimming and have been reading posts re: figuring out the volume for proper head gasket purchase. I have the program that Ray Livingston created (just have to find it). .020 over bores and ten thou skim.

Mark
Murrieta, Ca.

If you have access to a lathe the ring dowels are easy to make. I misplaced one of mine and had to make one.

69 Coupe

I don’t, but I have been thinking of things that may be able to be cut down, adapted, etc.

Mark

Mark,

XKs lists them:

-David

I saw those…are they the same as the head ones?? I just read past the timing chain…it does say cam stud?? Thank you David

My mistake for not ready further, and I looked at the pic and it appeared to be split down the side so I passed it by!!

Mark