LOOKING for SPATZ for XK120

(Include at least one picture)

Description:Looking for spatz that will fit my XK120. Willing to build my own if I can find a straight set to get a pattern from. Know some owners do not like to use them so hoping to find something. Located in Colorado. Thanks, Dave

Asking price (if selling):

Contact information: 970-985-5569. or contact here

Cost of shipping (if selling):

Willing to ship worldwide?

Please always be careful before sending money or valuables to someone you don’t know. Use an escrow service if you’re not 100% certain of the identity and integrity of the person you’re dealing with.

By using this service you agree to resolve any and all disputes with the other party directly, and to indemnify and hold Jag-lovers harmless from any claims, losses, liability, or expenses (including attorneys’ fees) that arise from your use of Jag-lovers and this service.

That had a very complicated attachment system.
Spats were very flat with nearly no curvature.
The edges were rolled around a welded wire bead.

Did you ever manage to get a pattern Dave?

Cheers

Jason

Jason, No, but I did come up with one off a Mark VII so I can use it for how they made them. Did you ever find out what car yours came off of?
Thanks, Dave

Hi Dave. I hadn’t mentioned spats before on the forum but as it happens I did have the chance to bring home one off a MK VII but because of rust and other damage I didn’t worry about it. I’m ruing that decision now. Anyway, I’ll work it out before the body is ready for paint.

Cheers

Jason

Thought you were someone who replyed with a set of spats. They were not Jaguar spats he sent photos not sure what they fit. Where you at? Think I’ll have to try building some but much to do first. Will save your email and keep you in the loop on how they turn out. Good luck finding some.
Dave.

Hi David,

I have a set of XK spats which are in excellent shape I acquired from a reputable Club member in Australia some years ago. Willing to part with them. Can send you pictures and I would like to make sure of fit so can exchange dimensions etc. PM me if you’re interested.

Dave, Yes, send some photos and dimensions. Where are you located? What are you looking to get for them? Looking forward to hearing from you.
Thanks, Dave

Hi Dave,

I’m in Sydney Australia. Its been a couple of years since I’ve looked at them as they’re in storage. I’ll try to get to them today and take some measurements and photos.

I’ve got a couple of people interested but have no idea what they’re worth.

Dave C.

I have no idea what they go for either. Wonder how bad the shipping would be? Looking fwd to the photos. Thanks, Dave

Hi Dave,

I have spent some time researching today and am led to believe these are older re-productions. They are very well made, but seem to be slightly different on the inside to the photos I can find on the internet. There are no numbers on them.

Accordingly, I would sell them as re-productions.

I have offered them up to my XK120 and they are a pretty good fit in all dimensions and gaps around 5-8mm. They are curved in both directions. They are in good condition, but you would want to strip them, make any minor repairs and adjustments and re-paint. There are no locks but I see re-productions are quite cheap.

These were never fitted to my car but came with a large amount of XK parts aquired from a club member when he closed down his Jaguar workshop.

Dimensions are 748mm long and 472mm high.

Photos attached.

I see some of the new repros are listed at rediculous prices - What do you think they’re worth?

Happy to weigh them and get a postage estimate if youre interested - what is your ZIP code?

There are a couple of people interested in them, so for fairness, I am sending them the same details.

Let me know what you want to do or if you have any questions.

Dave C.

I have an original right side spat from a XK120 left over and many other 120 parts too.
Located in Mason county WA. Call me if interested
Mike
360-877-2301

Mike, I am interested !!! Will be calling you tomorrow. What time works best for you?
Thanks, Dave

Before 9am or after 4pm
What is you phone number?

Mike

Mike, still waiting for photos.
thanks, Dave

Right original spat from a XK120

Mike

Mike, looks good will call you after 7pm your time. thanks, Dave

I have created a conundrum concerning this spat. I have mistakenly told more than one that I would sell them this part. The only fair solution I can think of is to auction it on eBay.

Mike

OK, no problem. What do you want for a light spear? I also need the spacer for the rear bumper measures 4 1/8" x 1 1/4" a bolt also. Had to cut head off to remove and even my 15 ton press will not budge it.

Will keep your number and call the next time I make a trip up to the northwest and see if we can do something with your inventory. Might be coming up for an old neighbors service sometime this summer.
Let me know what you want and your mailing information.

Thanks, Dave