Looking for tires for my 420

Hi, Have a total restoration 420 completed, which I would not suggest anyone undertake…but I have a grumbling vibration on new wheels and Michelin 185 x 15 MVS tires which were shaved and roadforce balanced. Just finished a proper front end alignment which did not eliminate the noise and vibration. It may be due to the very aggressive tread.
Has anyone used Pirelli CA67, Blockley, or Avon tires? Other than Vredestiens, which I have used in the past.
Regards,
Allen

Careful on tire size. My 420 had 205-70-15s and the rears were nearly impossible to fit or remove. Had to deflate them to fight the wheel on and off. I now have 195-65-15 which is really close the the original 185s.

Hi, yes, I have been down that road with having to totally deflate my Vredesteins 185-15 tires on 6 inch rims. Well now my E type has those tires and wheels on it now and the 5 inch wheels are on the 420. Thank God I didn`t get a flat with the 6 inch wheels.

Regards,
Allen

I learned, the hard way, that an E-type should not be over-tyred, over-powered or over-braked. Goes for the 60s saloons too.
Quite a wise bit of advice

1 Like