Loosening a couple head bolts

That’s what I’ll do. Already have washed it with lacquer thinner.

Larry

For what it’s worth, and just for general info if you care, from the JCNA Series I Judge’s Guide it looks like the head on your '67 OTS should be silver not gold:
CYLINDER HEAD COLOR Pumpkin colored through at LEAST engine number R-2518-9 (see footnote C). Gold colored to silver- At this point in time, 6-2013, we cannot state positively whether any E-Type titled as a 1967 had a gold painted head.

See page 8 for more info: https://www.jcna.com/sites/default/files/files/e-type1.pdf

Whatever you decide have fun with your project. :slightly_smiling_face:

Interesting. I thought since it was a 9:1 it would have a gold head. But-I’m still not sure the head matches the engine

Larry

Hey Larry:

Interesting, yes, particularly in regard to your other post concerning cylinder head ID where you mention your car # is 1E12806. I also notice you have it registered on XKEdata.com - your info shows 1E12806 was built in March 1966 but wasn’t titled until 1967. In your profile you show it as a 1967 OTS and that’s what I was going by when I referred to the JCNA guide. So going by the build date, not the registration date, there’s a good chance the gold head color could very likely be original to the car. :slightly_smiling_face:

And the engine block is from a ‘69. So - - -now it really gets messy! I’ll keep it gold to match the build date of the car. Why the title when I got it showed ‘67, I don’t know and never will. It was shipped the end of March ‘66 so it should have sold long before the ‘67s came out.