Losing your E -type sidekick

Today had to put down my best passenger, my pup Bentley. Will sure miss his loving and gentile nature. His favorite thing was riding in the e type with his head protruding and slowing down the car .RIP

4 Likes

Its 6 weeks for me and its terrible…Sorry for your loss…
Its just terrible, We had 5 snow storms and each time I MADE A PATH FOR " BO" to go P P.
Its a terrible time…
Sorry
GTJOEY1314

1 Like

My condolences: had to put down Malti last year… it’s tough.

1 Like

Our Maltese Buddy has been gone from us for 9 months last Sunday and we still find ourselves looking around the house for him where he liked to find peace and quiet sometimes…

They sure know how to get attached to us, so that we get attached to them…

So sorry to hear of your loss. “Dogs come into our lives to teach us about love, they depart to teach us about loss. A new dog never replaces an old dog, it merely expands the heart.”

7 Likes

Out of the mouths of babes…

People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life — like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?”
“Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don’t have to stay for as long as we do.

2 Likes

I still really miss my little grey cat from 10 years ago. She never liked riding in the car but would often help me work on it. When the doors were open she liked to hop in and curl up in the back. On multiple occasions I closed her up inside by mistake since she was deaf as a rock the 17 years that I had her. At night fall if she was not inside I got in the habit of checking first to see if I had closed her up in the car or my detached garage.

David
68 E-type FHC

A friend of mine is such a cat nut that he leaves the windows of his cars, while in the garage.

If his cat is snoozing in one of the cars, he’ll drive the other one.

:roll_eyes:

I’m a little like W. C. Fields: I like cats.

Al dente.

I am sorry for your loss. Remember those drives…

Bentley and Alan were occasional visitors to our home over the past several years and there were times when I dropped by Alan’s place in Niagara Falls that Bentley would hop into my E-type as I got out then jump into the passenger seat and sit there expectantly, wagging his tail. He was a gentle sweetheart of a dog - who also had an impeccable taste in cars.

My condolences, Alan. Treasure the years you shared, and take comfort in knowing you greatly enhanced each other’s lives.

1 Like

So sorry you lost him. He looks like a very loving pal.

Paul, your sick! And I love it…
Cheers,
Lynn

This past Friday I received a couple of pictures in the mail. My mom had found them while going through some of my dad’s old things. We always had animals when I was growing up, and we’ve always had them as my kids have grown up too.

According to the stamp on the back of the picture, this sometime in 1982. Note that the cats were not allowed on the Jag, but if you’ve ever had cats, you know who’s really in charge…

RobY

Dogs have owners.

Cats have staff.

:smirk_cat:

I had that exact same Yamaha: 650, right?

1 Like

Feed your dog and he thinks you are God. Feed your cat and she thinks she’s God.

2 Likes

Thank you all for the kind replies…my kind of people…love of our pets and passion for our cars, though I have to admit never got mad at Bentley but cannot say the same for the e -type :grinning:

1 Like

Good point: I never thought to get rid of any of my dogs.

The E Type is gone…:heart_eyes_cat:

A few months ago NOVA on PBS did a show on humans’ relationship with dogs, and then another one on humans’ relationship with cats.

NOVA’s conclusions :

Dogs hang out with humans because they like us and it developed into a symbiotic relationship.

Cats hang around humans because we feed them.

My interpretation: Dogs are our pals, always ready to hang out and do things with us. Cats are furry, four legged cockroaches.

3 Likes

So sorry for your loss. My favorite is going on four years now, and I just cannot even think about losing him. He is a high point in my life. Other than a couple extra pounds, he is very healthy. My wife did not like dogs, so I had to wait 52 years to finally get one.

Just parking… while LMAO.

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: