Losing your E -type sidekick

Well, at least you read it.

1 Like

It’s a dirty job, but somebody has to do it.

There are those of us who enjoy the company of both cats and dogs (including Alan, who also has a cat) so those of you who openly profess to hate cats may be a bit out of place with the theme and sentimentality of this thread. But to each his own, eh? :sunglasses:

The wife and I just acquired a year-old female tabby. She’s very affectionate, even to me who neither feeds her nor cleans her litter box. No two animals, whether cat or dog, are the same. Throughout my almost 7 decades we had cats that were devils incarnate and dogs that were needy and neurotic, and others of both species that were wonderful companions.

But on a scale of 1-10, Bentley was a solid 10. Hard for any cat to measure up.

1 Like

Not me! Recall I feed a clouder of feral cats…:wink: I just make the joke, cuz that’s what I do!

In some fundamental, inchoate way, that’s why dogs are my favored critters.

Yes, all have different personalities, and all have endearing traits.

Even this evil little min Pin I now have!

1 Like

Although my circumstances now don’t allow it, in the past I’ve had both cats and dogs, and have loved them both. The cats have truly been the bosses of the house and dogs and the dogs have been the loyal wing men. I could write a book on my fond memories of them.

I like that, David: "Dogs come into our lives to teach us about love, they depart to teach us about loss. A new dog never replaces an old dog, it merely expands the heart.”
LLoyd

It’s not what you look at that matters. It’s what you see.
Henry David Thoreau

2 Likes

We live out in the country where the bobcats and mountain lions cannot keep up with the rats and field mice. In my garage, the cats bed was always atop the Jaguar, a bed on top of a flattened cardboard box.
Never had a rodent problem, but more than once the cat met me at the door in the morning with a mouse or rat in her mouth.
LLoyd

It’s not what you look at that matters. It’s what you see.
Henry David Thoreau

2 Likes

After we lost our last cocker I put my foot down and said never again.
Meet Amber she’s just 2 we got her at 3 months old.

4 Likes

I said the same thing when I lost my first dog Marley but got Bentley 2 months later. Perhaps I will change my mind about getting another dog but hard to imagine at this point. Both were cavalier spaniels, great dogs but heart problems prevalent.

Did Bobbie ever show up with a cat in its mouth?

:smirk_cat:

Wiggie asks a sad question, “Did Bobbie ever show up with a cat in its mouth?”
We have lost several cats to Bobbie and his relatives. That’s the reason we have been without a cat for a few years now.
LLoyd

It’s n ot what you look at that matters. It’s what you see.

Henry David Thoreau

We have a long time - 45 years - friend who’s sole companion was an African grey parrot, Dexter. African greys are smart, for birds, and they live on average 50 years, sometimes longer. She had Dexter for a little over 30 years when he ventured into the back yard and was killed by the neighbour’s dog. She was devastated when she called to tell us what happened and for weeks thereafter. Maybe months. There’s no accounting for how close people get to their pets. Dog, cat or even bird.

1 Like

It has been a year and a half that our Scottie passed away, dearly missed. The best dog we ever had.
Scotties are a one-person dog and I was not that person, he adored my wife. Years ago I had to be away on business for three months and when I returned home I opened the door expecting a warm welcome,
he just looked at me and walked away. I guess he had my wife all to himself for three months.
Three weeks ago got a new puppy, have not had a good night’s sleep since. She has us well trained?

Glenn

When asked how he liked children, he replied, “Parboiled.”

1 Like

Condolences from a dog lover.

2 Likes