Lost access to Pub

Good morning Nick. For some reason I can no longer access the Pub through the drop down menu. The heading has vanished. Is there some way to restore access?
Geoff.

Please try again, Geoff, as far as I can tell nothing has changed.

Nick

I cannot try again as the pub heading has disappeared from the drop down menu. Restarting my ipad has not made a difference. Do I need to re register somehow?

I just also checked on my computer, running Windows 10, and I do not see an icon for the PUB - wondering if I may have clicked something a while back that cancelled my viewing it - Tex.

For me the pub is visible as usual.

Try the link.
https://forums.jag-lovers.com/c/pub/5

That takes me right to it. Thanks. I would like to be able to access it the normal way through the forum tho. Is there a procedure for reapplying for pub access?

I just clicked on the above link and I get a page that states that this is private or does not exist, with a listing of the other categories.

I can’t see that you have applied for access to the Pub, though it looks like you qualify.

You’re in, Tex isn’t. I don’t know how you can get your regular way back, but you haven’t been thrown out; how about an opt out - opt in „restart“?

That might be an option but I have no idea how to do that. It is easy enough to access the pub through the link you sent me but without the listing in the drop down menu I do not get notifications of new postings. I will try re-applying for access and see if the listing pops up.

Hello Nick - I used to have access before the lounge started - I will attempt to reapply for access - thanks, Tex.

Hello Nick - well, I guess i should have asked you how do I apply for access - I went to my preferences, but did not see any listing for the Pub category for me to place with my other lists - thanks, Tex.

They thought it was a good idea to exclude everyone on an opt-in basis so you have to „apply“ so you can be „offended“. So Nick or someone will allow you to access it again.

1 Like

Please check out this post in the User Guides and How-Tos category:

1 Like

Hello Gunnar - I have read the above and have followed the steps to apply / request for access to the Pub - thanks, Tex.

1 Like

Geoff,

This sounds like a bug in the software, or possibly a corrupted cookie. Perhaps you could try these steps in order to see if they clear the problem?

Log out, then back in: Click your avatar in the top right corner of any page. Select the “torso” tab and then select Log out from the menu. Next, log back in and see if it made a difference.

If that doesn’t do it, please try clearing all Jag-lovers.com cookies in your browser. The instructions for how to do this vary from browser to browser.

There should be no need to clear all cookies in your browser, just the ones from jag-lovers.com.

Hope this helps!
Gunnar

1 Like

Ok. I will try that. Thanks.

Ok. I deleted all history and cookies on my ipad and then logged back in. Still no heading for the pub in my dropdown menu. Are there any other ideas on bringing the heading back?

Please try this:

Go to your Preferences page (click your avatar in the top right corner of any page, then select the “torso” tab, then select Preferences).

Next, select Categories from the drop-down menu and scroll to the bottom of the page.

At the bottom, where it says “Muted,” do you have anything listed?