Lost helpful posting!

I’m finally going to instal the doors on my V. There was a posting about a year ago about using an adjustable chair base as a movable alignment door holder. I’ve looked and tried the search menu but still can’t find the posting. Can anyone help me find it?
Thanks!

Here you go… :smiley:

1 Like

Jon,
Thanks for that. I’m really looking for the posting about using an office chair, minus the chair, to use as a door lift. The poster added photos of the apparatus. I’m at that stage and a “helping chair” will come in handy for a one person installation.

Hi Wayne, it was my posting and the photo was of my adaption of an adjustable screw chair, was easy to use in lifting the door to correct height for adjustment especially with the heavy doors . Trust the pictures are useful. cheers Jeffery

2 Likes

Jeffrey,
YEA​:tada::champagne::tada:
Thank you. I’ve been searching and actually learning a lot from reading old posts from old posts for two days. Thank you for getting back to me. I have Wednesday set as “door day” as Nd could really use the extra hand provided by your Ingenuity.
Thanks for the photos!

1 Like

Hi Wayne, glad to be of assistance and the jag-lovers site really dose assist in all of our restorations. get your doors on and another item off your to do list. Jeffery

Given that Jag-lovers has been in operation for 28 years now, I think it’s pretty rare that genuinely new issues come up. The archives must now contain every known Jaguar-related tidbit multiple times over :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do ya reckon it contains information about which oil to use?

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: