Lost Key 1988 XJSC

Somehow I lost the key to my newly aquirred 1988 XJSC Can Jaguar or Jaguar Classic replace with VIN?

I believe that any Jaguar dealership worldwide will replace your key if you bring them proof of ownership. I haven’t used this service myself, but I have read several Jag-Lovers posts over the past 17 years or so where listers have done it that way. I recommend that you try contacting your nearest Jaguar dealership about this.

Regards,

Paul M. Novak

1990 Series III V12 Vanden Plas

1990 XJ-S Classic Collection convertible

1987 XJ6 Vanden Plas

1984 XJ6 Vanden Plas

1969 E-Type FHC

1957 MK VIII Saloon

Ramona, CA USA

Hi. In an earlier post I related how I acquired a replacement for my XJ6 lost keys. I simply emailed the Jaguar Museum in Coventry and they replied with the codes that I took to the local locksmith in Wagga Wagga and I had a set of new keys (4 in total) in two hours. All they required was the vin and no proof of ownership. My car was first delivered in Wales so the dealers here couldn’t help me. If you het stuck with your dealers, mail me and I will see if I can dig up the Coventry details.
Trev

I have contacted 2 local dealers and several locksmiths, no luck yet. I am waiting for a response from JaguarLand Rover Cars North America