Lovely video to watch with your coffee

I stumbled into this video this morning ; nicely done, and a nice vision for those of us still plowing through our restorations…

Enjoy!

3 Likes

Yes indeed! I think that the nasty ding on the scuttle panel behind the front wing needs fixing, though!
Also, is that transmission whine normal for this series? Is it gearbox or diff?

That’s very nicely done!

I miss the washing of Tweety, watching the water and suds slide off those sexy curves!

Very nice video, thanks for sharing. Giving me incentive for polishing my car following the steps he took.

Somehow it brings to mind the times when my girlfriend and I used to shower together.
LLo…, ummm, Joe

It’s not what you look at that matters. It’s what you see.
Henry David Thoreau

1 Like

Here is a wonderful description of a first encounter with C-types in Terry Larson’s book. I think it could also apply to the E-type 9 years later only substituting steel for “aluminium”…

“But before anybody could say another word, we came up over the top of the ramp and right directly
in front of us, lit up in our headlights, were two low, sleek, liquid-smooth puddles of aluminium alloy…”

David
68 E-type FHC

2 Likes

Perfect and somewhat “e-motion-al”.

Jeez, I just started mine after 6 months, drove it directly out of the garage without cleaning anything, down a 1000 foot muddy dirt road to a paved street, and away I went. I wouldn’t know what to do with a car that spiffy.

2 Likes

What serious driver wears flip flops?

2 Likes

That’s all good until the wife finds out.

Not sure about the necessity of some of the choices here, but I guess it depends on the paint composition, age and condition. I think you can easily skip the step using the cleaning wax. That spells abrasives to me, and with the other polishing compounds he uses, I think it’s an unnecessary step.

A very nice video. Having just dabbled in video production, I can appreciate the cubic manhours that were expended to created that 12 minute clip. Probably a labor of love (or a resume builder) on the part of one of his children.

Most of us don’t think about it but what a modern family heirloom such a video would be. That is the way I want to be remembered by my kids (versus snoring slack jawed on the sofa!).

That said, all the detailing would be full stop for me until I had replaced those perished bumper rubbers.

1 Like

Washing a car in the sun?

I must be a “glass half empty” guy.
It reminded me how much I dislike trying to clean wire wheels. My OCD side tells me to pull them off and wash the inside to make them pop.
I’ve got it under control…only once a year for the full “spa treatment”.
Nice video!

Exactly! I cringed every time I saw them, and thought my priorities would be different…

Who puts a car away dirty like that? A car cover over all that crap-whats the point?
Cheers,
LLynn

1 Like

OK, a nice video that was undoubtably a lot of work to make and I liked the way he checked his coolant level, I will try that myself. On the other hand I didn’t like the fact that he seemed to downshift to brake, brake pads are a lot cheaper than clutches. That and he didn’t show protecting the engine bay, I put a plastic bag over my brake/clutch bottles and large towels over the engine where the vents are, Oh and I always dry/ wax in only one direction. Ok, yes I have OCD :wink:
Cheers,
LLynn

Do you use your air compressor to blow any water out from under the data plate and then towel dry that area? :smile:

I always use compressed air and micro fiber towels to dry the nooks and crannies of the engine compartment after washing the E. And I wipe down the lower chassis tubes, suspension, and oil pan with Simple Green after an oil change while I’m under the car.

Does that mean I have OCD?

Obviously Concerned about Dirt? You betcha!

1 Like