Low Coolant Control Unit

I have the same problem as earlier post. I see that there are topics in the archives on locating the Low Coolant Control Unit but I cannot access the archives for some reason.

I have a 1986 XJ-S. I have looked in Kirby Palm’ book and the Jaguar Maintenance Manual both neither of which tells me what the control unit looks like and where it is located. All indicate that it is under the passenger side of the dash, but when I remove the panel under the dash I cannot figure out which is the control unit and nothing looks like what I expect a control unit should look like.

Thank you,

Gordon Mortin

Just Google (Image) “xjs low coolant module.” You get more photos than I could post.

I will do that.

That approach never crossed my mind. Clearly technologically challenged. Must be my age.

Gordon

Hahaha! Know what you mean. I have one of them, but was too lazy to try and find it and take a photo for you. Then, I thought I’d get one from Google and post it, but the display of dozens of modules, from all different angles, some apart some not, was so impressive that I wanted you to see it for yourself. :slight_smile:

The frustrating thing is I had the part out of the car and in my hand last night. The key/ seat belt buzzer broke at the tab through which the mounting bolt goes to hold the buzzer in place. To remove the broken tab I had to remove what I now know is the COOLANT CONTROL UNIT. Who knew? Now if I can just fix the headlight dimmer I will have everything (well most everything) working again. At 33 years and 315K miles, pretty minor stuff but a pain to trace and fix.

Thank you for so timely replying.

Gordon