Lower Wishbone Sealed Ball Joint

That’s kind of my memory too.

Same here, the Lemforder part was the same size as the upright hole and slipped right through.

These ones will not fit through the opening with the rubber and retaining wire in place. The rubber gets caught on the shoulder as you push it through, even using the bolts to tighten and try and pull it through it gets hung up.
I used the calipers to measure the opening at the shoulder and then matched it to the ball joint with the boot located in the recess.

Jay

That doesn’t look like the Lemforder ones on mine. I think the boot is a bit smaller and more corrugated if memory serves.

Got mine from the west coast. Rubbish and in the bin. Reordered from the east coast. Perfect fit.

They are what was supplied with the XKs Front Suspension Rebuild Kit. They are not Lemforder brand and don’t know what brand they are. I guess I’ll have to call XKs on Monday. Ahhh, so frustrating :rage:.

Jay

Hello Jay,
That’s where I got the rubbish item I Posted the picture of in my previous Post. It was a few years ago now, but shortly after I made a complaint, I was told they had found another source and would replace them. When I inquired as to the country of origin and was told China, I opted for a refund.

Over the years, the only brand I’ve had 100%success with is Lemforder. Do yourself a favor; ditch the ones that you have and buy Lemforder.

Regards,

Bill

1 Like

Yes your correct unless you use original xj40 which slide right in as well
Gtjoey1314