Lowering a Mark 2

No assistance over in the other forums so I will try here…
This is a weird question but has anyone had experience with lowering a Mark 2 jaguar? What problems did you encounter and how did you solve them?

I am not familiar with the car. I did some fast research seeking to see what suspension was used.

My guess is leaf springs on the rear and unequal length A arms up front. I could be wrong.

If the rear is IRS, the issue is far more complex.

If the front resembles the later S series cars, it is much simpler

Advise as to the architecture and I and others will comment.

Carl

Equal length Wish bone on the front and Semi/quarter? Elliptic springs in the rear, the forward half of the spring is captured in th chassis rail… I would think you may have to go to a spring manufacturer to produce shorter front coils and they may be able to reduce the curve on the leaf springs?

You can cut the front coil springs down , thinking out the box , the leaf spring mounting point is on the top of the axle , what if you moved them to the bottom , or do away with the leaf springs and replace them with coils , or weld in a IRS .
As for problems , in the UK we have a lot of speed humps , most have scrape marks on the top !!

Quarter elliptic. Slick. The old tech idea for semi elliptics might work. A “lowering” black between the spring and axle. If the
spring end is under the axle. If over, I’ll have to see a pictures or think a bit.

As to the front. If the architecture resembles later cars, lowering the spring pan is popular.

Cutting the coils can work, but ride characteristics change, not for the better.

Carl

Edit isn’t working. Insert block for black

Carl

These guys may be able to help. Good luck and thank you for acknowledging the “Lumpsters”. We’re people too you know!
https://www.carid.com/1962-jaguar-mark-ii-suspension-systems/
Phillip

Yes sir!

The coil over conversion kit looks very enticing.

Carl

Coil overs is probably the way I will go…but thanks to everyone who responded. Much appreciated and a great help. This is the forum I will be heading toward in future…