Lucky Bid Lands a Win

I m now the owner of a 1957 XK 140 M that was on BAT. Cotswald Blue with Saville Grey interior from Santa Barbara. If anyone knows the car, I would love to learn more of the history. The owner apparently past and his widow didn’t offer background.
ILOB

2 Likes

Welcome to Jag-Lovers! I’ve been here since I was a teenager working with my dad on our XK-140, over 20 years ago. This is a great resource, lots of helpful “listers” here (in the old-days this was an e-mail list)

Beautiful car, looks to be very well restored, and a wonderful color.

I don’t know anything specific, but if you haven’t already discovered XKData, there is a bit of history there

1 Like

It looks like the PO was an active member here, Mike Carpenter, he was kind enough to have this car’s VIN as part of his signature

You can find his activity here

https://forums.jag-lovers.com/search?q=S812797DN

Brandon, I’m extremely grateful to you for providing the link to Mike Carpenter’s posts on drag lovers. I was able to see when he purchased the car back in 1977! I acquired my first Jag a 1966S type saloon at 1979 and still have it in rather pristine condition now.
ILOB

1 Like

Congrats Iain, what a beautiful car !!

Thank you! With the help of another JagLovers scholar, I found the original owner and his posts about the car. It allows a provenance not available from the consignment seller.

ILOB

1 Like

If that car turns out to be as nice as it looks then I think you got a good deal. Enjoy it!

1 Like

The old 120’s and 140’s hold a special place in my heart, as a 120 drophead was my first Jaguar. Just take good care of it and enjoy the ride. Remember these old cars have drum brakes, and don’t stop as well as new cars. I had a few close calls in mine.

Hi Mike, very nice to hear from you. Although the seller was offering this on consignment, and knew nothing about its history, one of the Jag lovers scholars has sent links to the owner and his posts on Jag lovers that detail a good deal of its history. Once again, Jaglovers rocks! Time for me to make another donation. I will take delivery of the car next week and will be happy to put up a post about its condition. It looks like it was a body of full boat restoration done by XKS motorsports in San Luis Obispo.
ILOB

1 Like

Looks to be a great car…XKs Unlimited (XKS motorsport) may have records. Welcome !!
Nick

Sage advice I know! My 1966 SType Saloon requires a pump or to get good braking. Maybe needs a new booster.

I’ll be careful.

ILOB

Yes Nike, I spoke with Clive yesterday and he says it was well before his time if at all, and old records are away in boxes….Jason Len may remember the car. I’ll see if he can be found to ask.

ILOB

If done under Jason, probably done very well, but also VERY expensive

Jason Len is fairly active on Facebook and in some of the Jaguar groups, may be able to reach him that way.