Luggage rails on E Type FHC

I need to remove the rubbers and luggage rails from boot wood with out damage to wood or metal rails any sugestions

Remove the rubber. A flat blade screwdriver should work fine, If the rubber is old it will most likely crumble and break. If newer, it should pull out easily. There are small phillps head screws holding the rails in the wood. Screw them out and lift them off. Be aware that the rails are expensive and repros are probably not exact match.

mine were stainless steel, and can be polished to look like new

My 70 E did not use screws, a spike was formed in the metal and is just hammered in.

Glenn

Anyone know where I can buy the luggage rails used? Thanks Harold

I bought a new set of rails for my 63’ from SNG. JS

Sometimes used ones show up on Ebay

Jeff, did you happen to keep the old rails? I’d buy them if you did. New is not in my budget for now

You might ask these people. The last time I was there they did have a SII FHC sitting there with all their other stuff, but I don’t know if his intent was to part it out or sell it as a unit. Never hurts to ask though.

https://www.mcleodsbritishcars.com/

Harold, like so many other coupes my rails and mat were discarded by the previous owner… Yep, I was not real happy about the cost, but it turned out really nice.

Even the used ones on Ebay can be pricey. JS

I keep forgetting who bought John Farrel’s inventory but I bought used parts from him before he retired. Is that buyer an option for used items ?

David
68 E-type FHC

Think it’s e type parts
Might be in England
They are stainless steel and can be polished

Yes that is right. E-type parts in England. Moved the whole supply over there. John was a good guy and knew his stuff.

2 Likes

Has anyone dealt with them?

They post a “too-good-to-be-price” for a full set of all 52 Series III head studs.
The whole set is 246 + 56 shpg
That converts to ~$400 for the lot.
Quality goods?

Some may ask why drop ~$75 in shipping?

SNG is selling just one type of stud for $10.74 // I need ten of them
Shpg is estimated at $12 – it adds up.