[Lumps!] Hi guys manifold question LT1

Tom

I did not have to relocate any holes, just ported the manifolds to match the gaskets. Note

the first photo showing one port matched and the other not done yet.

Roger,

Thank you for your quick reply. I was using a set of used soft gaskets from a corvette LT1 which may be distorted. This was just a quick comparison.

It was odd, the outer four holes are large diameter yet the inner two are smaller. The smaller holes place the manifold. It looked like the ports are plenty big as they are, just the center two holes are about an 1/8 inch off for everything to line up right.

What brand gaskets (part number?) did you use to line things up?

Do you have pictures of the manifold after porting, without the gasket?

I’m going to be using these initially on the 327 in the car now, then later on the LT1, unfortunately the 327 used the boss on the old manifold to position a bracket for the PS tensioner and a mount for the altenator. So I have to move the altenator to where the AC compressor was on the passenger side, and Fab up a bracket for the PS tensioner bracket.

Thanks again for your time.

Tom

Tom

Sorry, no finished porting photo…nor did I save the gasket information… just copper gaskets for LT1.

Roger,

Thank you.

I guess once I have the correct and new gaskets it will be more clear .

Tom

Roger,

What tool did you use for porting that worked well? What bits? I have a dremel, but I’m thinking it might require something more robust.

Tom

Tom

A carbide tip, I just matched the gasket hole… I used a air drill tool. A Dremel would work but would take

a lot longer. I did each manifold in less than a hour…