Main bearing 3,5 L MK IV

Good afternoon,
i’m rebuilding my engine and looking for main bearings +60", does anybody knows where to buy?

thanks

frank

Have you tried Worcester Classic Spares in the UK?

Presumably , you’ve tried Allan in UK , as he rang me last night asking if they are available here in that size [ for a car in Belgium]

My suggestion is a new crankshaft from Auscrank. Normally made to take Chev 350 main bearings but can be ordered to standard Jag sizes. Although thi s option doesn’t make a lot of sense
This way it’s a better crank ,smoother better balanced engine,crank and bearings will last longer, the crank is compatible with post war Jag big ends [ early ones are not as made] and in the end replacement parts will be available for over 100 years and it’s not that much more expensive. in the end.

1 Like

Yes Ed I’ve tried Alan in UK, but thanks for your reply!!
I also tried Worcester in UK and Westminster in USA.
thanks
Frank
Belgium

Frank, try FW Thorton in the UK

enquiries@fwthornton.co.uk

They list .020" on their Ebay site

Peter

Jag listed -.040"as the max under size.

If you choose to stick with the stock crank, you can get it subarced, and use whatever size bearings you can get.

You will also need to factor in…
Crack testing , Checking for straightness .balancing , Nitriding if using Copper lead bearings,Modifying the flywheel threads and dowels.
And pushrod Jag main bearings are expensive.

Overall, I agree with your suggestion: in the long run, a non-70+ year old crank, with easily attainable and dirt-cheap Chubby bearings would be my choice.

Try Wally Vorlaufer in Jonannesburg +27 11 433 3758 Vorlaufer caqrs

I did with succes, Volaufer has the bearings thanks !!!