Main vs. high beam - dipped vs. low beam

Well, to finish this thread from my viewpoint, I moved the headlight flash wire from fuse #1 to fuse #2 and have the expected operation. Just made sure that the switch was mounted in the the appropriate orientation to match the bezel legend, and now the light works as designed.

Not ideal, as I would like this to be wired as from the factory. But since I’m pretty sure the bonnet connector block uses a screw-down clamp to secure the wire connectors in place, fixing it properly would require disassembly of the bonnet.

Go ahead and call me a lazy hack owner, but given the choice of that or moving a wire from fuse #1 to fuse #2 - was no choice at all for me.

Dave

2 Likes

I’d do the same thing, Dave. What I would suggest, though, is that you make a note and keep it with the car’s records about the wiring change along with a diagram of how the wiring is now connected so that a future owner doesn’t mutter about his “DPO.” If you’re anything like me, in a year or so, it might even be needed by you!

From dim and dimmer memory, the pedal issue was not dissimilar to this red/blue issue, but without the final say-so of Clausager at that time.

Having in my possession examples of dead-flat-never-creased and bent LHD organ pedals, I think I assumed bent=damaged like red jewel=modified, when in fact both conditions obtained at different times.

Either that, or I had PMT.

Had to look that up. Here it’s Syndrome, not Tension. [Or maybe I miss the point entirely.]

I’m having hot flushes just thinking about it Bob. I believe American laydeez of a certain age don’t get flushed, they get hot ‘flashes’, which always puts me in mind of brake lights, given that they signal the same thing in different contexts…

1 Like

my 12/65 has a blue light
Don

1 Like