Map light Trunk light bulb

Sorry for asking so many questions at once, but I’ve had some questions about my jag for a while lol. Does anyone happen to know the exact model of lightbulb that goes into the trunk light? I already bought two different ones and they were wrong…

Another question: Is the map light supposed to have a cover on it? Like, a little plastic cover like the trunk light? I’ve never seen one on it, and all the ones i’ve seen have not got it?

No.

Which year boot? Early is ba9s and eventually it’s a hella item with probably a c10w like the map light.

Alexander,

it would surely help if you specified your car (and region). Cars covered on this list span from 1968 through 1992 (in 12 cyl form) and over three series. Unfortunately, at least the trunk light, and possibly also the map light were affected by the changes.

SI, II don’t have covers either in the trunk nor at the map light. SII bulbs are 10 W festoon for the map light and 5 W bayonet for the trunk light.

While this forum holds a wealth of knowledge and experience, it is always helpful to consult the usual sources first: our cars are by no means exotic or individual. Even though Jaguar may have been quite “flexible” along the production lines, at most times the official documentation consisting of Owner’s Manual (OM), Repair Operation Manual (ROM) and Parts Catalogue tend to answer the best part of all initial questions.

These sources are still quite readily available and will pay for their modest price with the first order of a wrong part that they may spare you.

So, welcome and good luck with your car!

Jochen

75 XJ6L 4.2 auto (UK spec)

2 Likes

I see. Well, then I shall make one, it looks like s**t. I checked the bulb, it is the same on as the map light.

You never see it and this way it’s cooled better… why bother.

If you do pull it the wiring is always live and the crash roll is grounded so disconnect the battery.

I have changed over many of my incandescent bulds for their “warm white” LED equivalents. This is particularly the case where the light might be on for an extended period. The cabin lights (B pillar) are scarce and expensive. Mine had completely disintegrated from lamp heat. I managed to get a good used pair for about $A100 some years ago. FWIW.

I totally agree…!

1 Like