Marelli Meltdown ... catalytic converter trashed?

Picture from The Fine Manual. The EXH TEMP light is second in from the right. I would guess that if it were connected, it should light up as part of the ignition check sequence.

Yeah. I hated that. I like seeing my oil pressure change in relation to cold/hot and rpms. Gauges that don’t move or change bother me.

thanks for the picture : I never got the original user manual, just a similar from an European market car

I’ll double check what I can see on the dashboard

edit : I noticed that the speedo is in miles, mine is in kmph

and what is supposed to be the green trailer tell tale ? :thinking:

Slowly but uniformly, we’re starting to discover what British manufacturing industry is, what’ “problem solving” method has been adopted and what is the desired custormer group.

Ha, at first when I put in a REAL oil pressure gauge, I didn’t like how I’d be cruising on the freeway at 60mph with oil pressure around 70psi. Then come to a stop at end of offramp, and i’m suddenly down to 25-30psi. Scary at first!

Makes sense, I would add a bit about packing rotor arm full of thick dielectric grease prior to assebly. Making nice cone/taper at the end of the shaft could also help.

Unfortunately, if anything can trip out one of the banks, the only reasonable and cheap investment should be dual EGT gauge/sender. With this bit you will have the exhaust gas temp live, you can also set the threshold for the alarm as well. Installation is the easiest thing I have ever done: drill and self-tapping sender unit…

So, why is the right turn indicator light Amber - OK to go Left (liberal), but caution to the Right (conservative) ?