Mark 2 track dimensions

I need all of the track/wheel base dimensions (preferably in a chart form) if anyone has or can steer me to the right source? For a 1962 Mark 2
Need actual dimensions for width of wheelbase, location from front of firewall, etc., etc. but need it in a diagram form

Fingers crossed…

An old polish book has this:

Factory service manual has those:

May Santa Claus fill your stocking to overflowing this year— I am much obliged, thank you! Exactly what I was looking for.

This vehicle footprint comparison is in graphic form and covers many Jaguar models.

https://krissmotors.com/Mk2/?page_id=11906

Greetings —

My son bought a MK2 on my behalf, thinking that it was largely rust-free.

It was anything but — although the rust was largely localized to the spring hangers (the left much more so than the right).

I have taught myself to be a passable iron monger and am close to finally fitting the left spring hanger.

However, the measurements that I took prior to cutting out the rot are, in retrospect, highly unreliable: the tail-end of the left-hand frame rail almost completely rotted out with the corresponding hanger collapsing into the seat pan to such an extent that the panhard rod broke off.

Thus, many of my measurements are… rotten .

I have built a set of jigs that I believe will position the hanger correctly — with one glaring exception:

I do not know, nor can I find on-line or otherwise, the distance between the front, engine-end of the left and right spring hangers.

Hopefully, somebody out there has a measurement.

I am posting this in this older thread, starting a new thread, and cross-posting in Jaguar Forum. I will update all threads with answers given in any.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Regards,

— Kevin Williams

I received a measurement from a kind poster at JaguarForums.com and, as promised, I am cross-posting in all threads.

The measurement – which in words, hopefully aping the style of the Service Manual, I would describe as “Center of inner front holes of spring channels” is 28 1/2" center to center, shown in “red” in the attachment.

A kind gent provided another measurement, so now we have two:

The MK2/XJR measurement was 28 1/2" (28.5"); a 1961 MK2 measurement was 27.91"; both were bolt-hole center to bolt-hole center.

That’s a difference of 0.59" which equates to roughly 19/32".

Significant discussion occurs in the thread Spring Hanger/Channel Measurements - #11 by abowie.