Mark IV front and rear axle parts supply

Hi folks, a supply of front and rear axle parts appears available for Mark IV . They are on offer on ebay at items number 232156364415 and 232156373789 . I have no connection to, and have no other knowledge of, the seller other than what shows on these offers. The seller also has some engine parts listed. While I know direct offers should be posted in the Classified ads section, I’m not offering these for sale but only wish to make people aware of them.

I’ve looked up both these numbers in ebay and ebay UK inc " worldwide " and can’t find them .

HI Ed,

below is the link to Ebay item FYI

Link to sale.

Cheers,

Jon.

Cylinder head as well.

Located on Long Island New York.
It has a stub pipe for a starting carb, so would be suitable for 3.5 Mark V.

Hi folks, here are ways I can access the information on these parts. If I put the eBay number into the eBay “Search” bar, than hitting the search tab brings up each auction, no other information is required in the “Search” bar. I’m unsure about the eBay access methods or ranges of searches when using eBay other than from California, so here are some other ways that work for me as well. Hope that eases access for interested parties.

A second means of searching is to type in the parts listing title, one of them is " 1946 1947 1948 JAGUAR MARK IV SALOON FRONT AXLE ", The second axle parts listing is " 1946 1947 1948 JAGUAR MARK IV SALOON REAR AXLE " (both using only the material inside the quotes, no quotes included in the search).

A third means is to look up items offered by the seller by using the advanced search function and entering only the seller information " seafrontmoe ".

In addition to the axle parts this seller also has some engine parts as Rob has pointed out.

He has , um ‘ambitious’ prices , Of course I wish him luck , o his basis I have a medium sized fortune under my house.

They seem to have become " collectors items’ while I was distracted.

Apparently there are no collectors about; prices have dropped. Sorry about your fortune.
He has a post-war 3.5 block with the number C520 stamped on the back near the top deck. Anybody familiar with that number? Its not the block part number.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1947-JAGUAR-MARK-IV-3-5-L-SALOON-ENGINE-MOTOR-BLOCK-/232138410902?hash=item360c870b96:g:C10AAOSwKOJYIwh5

Rob

Yes Ican’t find blocks as part number C 520. AS part numbers they were C1126 C 314
The closest number is C 521 , the impellor on a water pump. In any case , why would Jaguar stamp a part number ona block , It may be that later blocks sold as spare parts.

However it appears a slightly later version where the block casting has a bit more metal around the RH rear corner where they sometimes cracked

He claims no cracks but I can see in the pic hat it has broken a rod and broken a piece from the bottom of a bore.

In itself not fatal , but one would really need to have the block cleaned and crack tested to know.