Mark IV Illustrated Parts Manual

Anyone have any idea where I can find/purchase a Mark IV Illustrated Parts Manual? At the moment I’m trying to find out what the brake light switch linkage looks like, as mine is missing.

Hi George,
The Spare Parts Catalogue and Service Manual are on CD, try ebay.
But the SPC has no picture of electrical parts.

Here is mine from the top and bottom. There is a shaft that sticks out of the switch, and a spring hooks on it and a tab on the other end.

1 Like

Thanks. I thought it might be a spring but wasn’t sure. I’ve made a piece of linkage using several wraps and multiple twists of stainless steel wire, but it’s pulling the switch too much, so definitely needs a spring.

I’ve been hitting ebay practically every day looking for the parts manual, (and 100 other things,) but so far no luck.

George

I can send it to you but it’s 5 Meg and I’ll need your email.
I’ve sent you a message offline if you want to reply that way.
Look for a green indicator in the upper right hand corner of your screen.
Rob

George
I obtained a hard copy of the MK IV parts list from Worcester Spares in the UK,
Subsequent to that I was sent an online copy (among other information) from a very kind Forum member.
Regards
David

1 Like

Hey David. I just made a huge order from Anna at Worcester Spares. I didn’t see the parts list or would have added it to the order. Rob just sent me an electronic copy of it.
Thanks,
George

George,
If you want an original hard copy SPC, i do have a spare, but currently away from home until next Wednesday, to check actual details of what I have. There are three different SPCs J.1, J.2 and J.3 for 1-1/2, 2-1/2 and 3-1/2 litre RHD cars only, or J.6 covers LHD 2-1/2 & 3-1/2 litre

1 Like

George,

switch available at Holden :Lucas Brake Lamp Switch Mechanical Pull Type 31281

rgds Polti

1 Like

That same switch was used on MGTC also with a pull spring so is still well supported.

1 Like

My switch works. I just need the spring to pull it.

is the spring the same as this one ?

Brake Lamp Switch Mechanical Pull Type With Spring And Hook (holden.co.uk)

1 Like

I obtained an identical switch to that, off Amazon, and that is what I used on the hotrod.

1 Like

George, don’t know how to communicate to you direct/privately, but I do have a spare J.2 Spare Parts Catalogue (for 2-1/2 litre cars) and spare J.3 SPC (for 3-1/2 litre cars) both original all the internal pages, but now housed in non-original covers. If still of interest to you - I certainly prefer ‘hard’ copy rather than ‘electronic screen viewing’ - contact me direct at rogerpayne@bigblue.net.au for further details re condition/price etc…

1 Like