Mark IV steering wheel C-clamp

I am looking for the C clamp at the bast of the steering wheel.

Best Regards

1 Like

I found one on prewarcar.com a few months ago. I had to buy the whole steering wheel hub.
I considered making one - if I wind up doing that I’ll make some extras. Dave.

Thank you for your replay Dave. Hopefully someone will have this part. If not keep me in mind if you make some. Dennis

Hi Dennis,

have you found C-clamp already?

I’m asking as on one of my original MKIV’s car the clamp broke and I can do some research on the cost of making new one here in Poland.

Hello Matt,

I have 2 cars, and one C clamp with a few defects. I too have thought of having some of them cast. I researched having something done, some years ago. Without any other research I would guess $2000.00 for just a few. The hinge bolt would also have to be made. If they were done in stainless steel it would save chroming them.

Stay in contact, I would like to see what you learn

Regards,

Dennis

Have you tried asking these people in the UK if they have a spare?

Tim

1 Like

Hello, I did check with the steering wheel company. I got a new steering wheel but they did not have clamps.
Regards, Dennis

Did anyone find a supply of the steering C- clamp?

Hello Richard,

I think that someone will have to pay for the tooling, to have them made, and then re-coup some of the money by selling a number of them. Vintage and classic spares, in Australia, look like they could make the part. The only problem is that they might then sell the part themselves.

Regards,

Dennis

Have you tried Allan Gibbins who is the SS Spares Secretary of the Jag Club in the UK?

Alan Gibbins alan@ssjaguar.co.uk