Mark IV/V DHC outside door handle

I just got a notice that Barrett has the BD4058 outside door handle for Mark V DHC on closeout sale. They think it is also for Mark IV, but whether that is true you all may know better.
No affiliation, just passing the tip along.

Rob

It certainly Looks the part for a MK IV [ or SS] and I’ll have to compare butpossibly saloons as well as DHC
I assume they are made to take the Willmott Breedon lock barrel
In the same vane I just had chrome side strips made for SS DHC NC machined from extruded brass stock, so a nice finish

I had previously done them for SS saloons and there is no reason NC milling would not work for K Iv DHC rear quarter strips
I think by the time they are on the car it will be a better job and cheaper [ if you add in labour costs of fettling cast alternatives.

I also found while digging around under the house a NOS factory centre door pillar including hinges. Surplus to me as I don’t have a MK V and I would think it may not be something that corrodes here in Aust.

Hi,

I think the handle in itself is the same, but AFAIK the SS Jaguar and MKIV did not have a lock barrel on the LH side, but a solid handle with no holes. The MKV DHC has a lock on both sides. I have an old original solid handle surplus, in case anyone needs one, as I bought new (Ashwater) handles and locks for my MKV that had many MKIV parts, like the handles, engine, etc.

Cheers,

Pekka T. - 647194
Fin.

I think the MK IV DHC [ or at least the one we have here at present ] had locks on both sides.

I don’t quite know why.