Mark V SFT700S Fog Lights

If you know a good panel beater and a good chrome-plater you can work together. Others on this Forum can advise you of the best process to restore them.

Tim :mask:

Nope, Rob is letting us down here. The Lucas catalogues only show that they made a bunch of lenses, in some cases which cars used which, but SS and Mark IV are not listed, and apparently some housings could receive several varieties.
These look like a good deal, but they’re in Poland.
To give you an idea about plating costs, buckets $100, rims $75, reflectors $75, small parts $10, screws $5 each.

Okay, do you or others know where Gary could buy two correct lenses? What about someone who could restore the fog lamps for him?
Tim :mask:

The prices I quoted were for similar parts done for me by Quality Plating in Sterling IL.
He does excellent work, and when I was in there last, there were outgoing packages to Israel and Russia waiting for the UPS pickup.
Vintage Headlamp Restoration might have lenses if we can figure out the part number. It might be molded into the lens, which is where this thread started.

Genius of the Lamp in the UK lists FT58 clear lenses with ‘U’ fluted design for 54 British pounds, plus an additional 50-pounds shipping to the US… I tried ordering a pair and got a message that because of Covid, the website was unable to process orders, and I was to contact the shop directly to place an order. I called the listed phone number and got a somewhat irrated-sounding individual who asked where I got the number and why I was using it instead of email. I told him his website said nothing about using an email versus the phone number. He said he couldn’t help me over the phone and I needed to send an email. I sent the email ordering a pair of the lenses and providing a card number for billing. The following day I received the following email reply:
"Thank you for your order, however, some things have changed. Since Covid we no longer sell online, but you are still able to view items that we may have or have access to. The main reason is that all cost have increased and some Items are simply not worth producing or buying in any longer. The FT 58 lenses are now priced at £80 each. If you still wish to purchase a pair we will organise and ship next week. We also do not take card payments any longer. All transactions will need to be made via international transfer if you don’t have a GBP Acc. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Let me know if you wish to proceed.

Kind regards
Raj Lawla"

I emailed back: “So let me get this straight…you are advertising the lenses on your website for one price, and then actually charging over 50% more for them when people place orders? This is more than an inconvenience, I believe it is illegal.”

I have not had a response.

Has anyone found a source other than this for FT58 lenses?

I am having a similar problem with them. I started my enquiries last May and still have no results and have had only a few responses with no action. They have a very attractive website but it might be a case of ’ lights on but no one’s home '. I heard they lost staff during the pandemic. It would be nice to know exactly what the situation is and I wonder if any of our members living in the area could actually walk into the shop and ask.

1 Like

It’s a plain ‘fluted’ lens.

Possibly get in contact with Paul Beck and ask if they can supply you with just the lenses, assuming they are the correct size for the FT58?

Tim