Mark V Spats aka Fender Skirts

Starting on my Mark V skirts.
Stripping off gobs of Bondo in 3 different colors.
Lots of dents.
Somebody apparently preferred to slap on the Bondo rather than bumping out the dents.
I notice the curved edge is rolled around a 1/8" diameter wire stiffener. The bottom edge is stiffened by a 1/8" x 3/8" steel flat bar, spot welded along the bottom.

Question for the group:
These seem bellied out quite a bit.
Does this look right to you?

Hi Rob, with a half dozen Mark V spats on hand, all of these have substantial compound curves presenting an outward belly. The belly is as much as about 2" on some. When looked at closely on the car the bulge is more than my styling tastes. Also, there is a lot of variation on these spats. For example, when my driver car spats are off the car and clamshelled together, they are about 1" different in front-to-back length but they do fit their separate sides. I wonder if the degree of belly was varied to fit the spat to the car as needed.

Thanks for your observations, nice to have six to compare. Its been a long time since mine were on the car. I only have my two, and no other Mark Vs in the area I know about. I guess mine must be ok then. They are the same length and same bulge, though the welding on one of the four locating pins is very poor compared to the other three.
The Mark V spat on sawhorses is an excellent way to polish up your skills with a dolly and slapping hammer. You are all welcome to come over to my house and practice.
I’ve bumped and slapped out all the dents. I’ll continue with primer tomorrow.

Heard on the street from another Mark V owner a decade ago - “spat welding pins can come loose from fitment causing spat to fall into roadway while at speed.” I’m not sure if his remark meant the pin weld failed or the fit of the pin into the accepting receiver was not deep enough to handle flex while driving.