Mark V sunroof Installation

Hi Does any one have a diagram of how the front and back weather seals are to be installed?

Thanks

Grant

I think the Mk V has a similar sun roof to the Mk IV - I could not find a supplier of these seals. My old ones were rotted and easily peeled away from the sun roof. Once I had cleaned up the sun roof and had it re-painted I used a very thin black rubber flat strip (about 1.5 inch wide) to form the weather seals, and glued it in place. Once the glue had dried I trimmed it off to shape. Here are a few pictures if it helps:

Sun%20roof%20weather%20seal%20(2)

Thanks David,

I don’t think they are the same the Mark V has a metal angle at the front, and there is a seal at the back, I have the seals but am unsure as to how they fit, I could take a guess but Murphys law would probably work against me???!!!

Cheers

Grant

If it’s the same as a Mk VII, Worcester Classic spares have the front seal, A specific cross section
The MK VII from memory had no rear sunroof seal/ The MK IV sunroof has ony afront seal. Not available but I have an article on how to make and install one fairly easily. It’s worked on mine for a few decades now.

Speaking of sunroofs, now is a great time to change the hoses in the sunroof drain lines. If you use modern hose clamps, you can keep the original clamps for underbonnet where they will be seen.

I thought they were just strips of closed cell foam rubber with a rectangular cross section.
The front BD.2059 is shown in Plate N30 of the Service Manual. It is glued on over the screws that hold the inside framework.
The rear BD.2058/1 is wider and lays in that rear channel tray up against the forward edge, so it is in contact with the main roof panel when the sunroof is closed. It is also glued down.