Mark vii engine?

Mark vii with seized engine i have no idea what to put in it. Anyone have recommendations as to what fits?

How bad is the engine currently in it? Maybe it can be resurrected?

many engine trans combos fit in a MK7

original 3.4 motors can be had locally

a 4.2 and auto from a XJ will fit

if you are in Australia, I sold one to a fellow that put a Commodore V6 and auto in it

If I had to put in a non-Jag engine and trans, and it was possible to put a 4.0 Ford Barra engine in, that is what I would choose

a Chevy 350 will fit, a GM LS motor goes into many cars these days

there is a Forum category called “Lumps”…try them for ideas

I’ll be honest we don’t know at this stage as we haven’t had time to pull it out

Thanks for the info my husband has been saying to put a barra in it

1 Like

there would be quite a few issues obviously, including engineering, come to think of it, you may run into an issue with % increase in engine size, check VSB14

whether the trans will fit, and if auto, how it will be controlled, engine mounts etc

the accompanying 4 speed auto or 5speed manual, would be good…if one can be prepared to spend…costs a lot, probably a fair bit more than a Jag 3.4.

do you have manual or auto trans?

Before considering a non Jag engine, definately speak to some of the folk in the Lump section especially from Australia. I think an engineering cert will be needed and brakes and other items need to be upgraded as part of the certificate.

Much simpler to stick with a Jag engine.
If the one you have is non-recoverable, then perhaps one out of a XJ6 or similar could be the go.

engineer certainly needed.

it would be cheaper to have a 3.4 replaced or rebuilt, their is a fellow in Qld, calls himself Peninsular Jag I believe. I see XK & XJ engines on Ebay, in various stages, including fully rebuilt, prices in the $1500-6000.

can cost a lot to restore a MK7

2 Likes