Mass airflow sensor

Hi everyone!

Occasionally I’m getting the FF23 code and today I found out that the airflow sensor is the culprit. While the idling fluctuated between 400-1000 rpm, I disconnected the sensor but the engine kept idling. Has anyone taken apart the sensor and looked inside or tried to fix it? Is it another cracked solder joint that’s causing the malfunction? The wire is clean, I checked it not long ago.
Thanks for any help in advance.

FF23 is a hard one to pin down Joe …I had it on and off for years, tried many ways to correct it, followed the engine management flowchart and replaced and checked everthing I could think of, replaced vacuum hoses etc, purge valve ad infinitum but I found that cleaning off the di-electric grease and tightening the MAF connector pins finally cured it …

HTH

Larry

Larry,

I applied dielectric grease to the connector pins not long ago. I’ll try to tighten the pins as you said.

Get rid of that grease!!! - it’s an INSULATOR not a CONDUCTOR - never use it on any sensor plugs on the 40 (you can use it on the outside of the plugs) wash it out with degreaser and clean up with contact cleaner, tighten up pins and throw away that dielectric grease!!!

This is more than likely your problem - the sensors on the 40’s can do without higher resistances caused by dielectric grease.

I used to put it inside my sensor plugs too Joe, I guess we both had bad info in the past !!!

Larry,

I’ve been dealing with the FF23 quite awhile, way before I applied the dielectric grease. But thanks for the tip. I’ll do that.