Maybe fairwell for a while!

(Neil Bennett. Patron) #1

I managed to get the rear nearside apex of my X300 clipped by an hgv at 70mph on the M25 whilst attempting to filter to the left through a line of lorries resulting in spinning through 180* into the rear of the car heavilly impacting a concrete retaining wall. Both my son and I were shaken and bruised thankfully!
Hopeing to get her back on the road, but it is watch this space, hopefully I shall RETURN!

(Chris Gates (XJR 1998)) #2

Sorry to hear of your altercation but it is good to hear that both of you came out of it unscathed and I hope that you manage to repair the car on the road again.

Kind regards,

Chris R. Gates

Tel. :- (+47) 915 62627

(Roger Coole) #3

Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope you and your son feel
better soon.

Regards,

Roger

05 Zircon XJ8L

FL USA

(Robin O'Connor) #4

All the best Neil, sorry to hear of the accident at least you walked away from it, not everybody does.

(Neil Bennett. Patron) #5

Thanks all, as I feared the damage was structural and the car has to be condemned to go to the scrapyard.
So it looks as if I shall only be signing in as a visitor out of interest in the future, it has been a great experience being associated with you guys on the XJ40 Forum and later the X300 Forum from about 1996 to the present. There is not much about at present Jag-wise so I’ll just have to look for some cheap wheels to get me mobile again.
Hhopefully I’ll be back!

(Robin O'Connor) #6

Once a Jag man always a Jag man :slight_smile: all the best.

(Rodney ) #7

Plenty of X300’s out there, start looking for a replacement. You know you want to.

(Neil Bennett. Patron) #8

Maybe not as many as you think of the AJ16s and most are relatively high mileage X308s at ridiculous asking prices!
I’ll just bide my time as I had to when I traded in my Nikasil ailing X308, that took 4 years before I hit Gold.

(phillip keeter) #9

Interesting listings.
https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/classic_cars.php?category=3&make=22&region=&country=230&era=&type=&price=&keyword=x300&S.x=45&S.y=17

(Neil Bennett. Patron) #10

Thanks Phillip my son had also found that one for me, giving it some thought as it does seem a good option if I decide to keep with a classic Jag.
I have moved to downsize and parking is at a premium in our small close and I don’t have a 6 car driveway anymore! Imay even consider trying an X type as a smaller Mondeo sized car.
We’ll see as I’m not sure I want to take on an unknown 22 year old car as a X300 at my stage of life having just turned 77.
Neil

(larry2236) #11

Neil, sorry to here about your accident. Looking forward for your return. It takes time but "you can’t hold a good man down "!
Larry

(Andy) #12

I’m not sure the X type is for you.

1. The sills are so rusty on them
  2. They are nothing like an XJ to drive.

An S type maybe more suitable ? (without sports suspension)

saw this :

~£315 a year tax though

(gary breyer, 09 X358 LWB Sovereign, Liquid Silver/Warm Charcoal. Ex Ministerial car.) #13

Sorry to hear about this Neil. Hope you’re back in the saddle PDQ.

(Neil Bennett. Patron) #14

Thanks all for the good wishes.
Bruised but NOT beaten!

(Neil Bennett. Patron) #15

Well after many years I find I have to move from the XJ Forum and join the S Type one as I’ve replaced my X300 with a 2004 2.5 V6 SE S Type.
A whole new world to get to grips with, so bear with me for a while.

(Paul Wigton) #16

See? We KNEW you couldn’t be Jagless, long!!!

(Mark Gordon) #17

Glad to hear that you’re still a member of the club, Neil, but don’t abandon the X300 forum; we still need your expert advice! Good luck with the S Type.