Maybe fairwell for a while!

I managed to get the rear nearside apex of my X300 clipped by an hgv at 70mph on the M25 whilst attempting to filter to the left through a line of lorries resulting in spinning through 180* into the rear of the car heavilly impacting a concrete retaining wall. Both my son and I were shaken and bruised thankfully!
Hopeing to get her back on the road, but it is watch this space, hopefully I shall RETURN!

Sorry to hear of your altercation but it is good to hear that both of you came out of it unscathed and I hope that you manage to repair the car on the road again.

Kind regards,

Chris R. Gates

Tel. :- (+47) 915 62627

Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope you and your son feel
better soon.

Regards,

Roger

05 Zircon XJ8L

FL USA

All the best Neil, sorry to hear of the accident at least you walked away from it, not everybody does.

Thanks all, as I feared the damage was structural and the car has to be condemned to go to the scrapyard.
So it looks as if I shall only be signing in as a visitor out of interest in the future, it has been a great experience being associated with you guys on the XJ40 Forum and later the X300 Forum from about 1996 to the present. There is not much about at present Jag-wise so I’ll just have to look for some cheap wheels to get me mobile again.
Hhopefully I’ll be back!

1 Like

Once a Jag man always a Jag man :slight_smile: all the best.

Plenty of X300’s out there, start looking for a replacement. You know you want to.

Maybe not as many as you think of the AJ16s and most are relatively high mileage X308s at ridiculous asking prices!
I’ll just bide my time as I had to when I traded in my Nikasil ailing X308, that took 4 years before I hit Gold.

Interesting listings.
https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/classic_cars.php?category=3&make=22&region=&country=230&era=&type=&price=&keyword=x300&S.x=45&S.y=17

Thanks Phillip my son had also found that one for me, giving it some thought as it does seem a good option if I decide to keep with a classic Jag.
I have moved to downsize and parking is at a premium in our small close and I don’t have a 6 car driveway anymore! Imay even consider trying an X type as a smaller Mondeo sized car.
We’ll see as I’m not sure I want to take on an unknown 22 year old car as a X300 at my stage of life having just turned 77.
Neil

1 Like

Neil, sorry to here about your accident. Looking forward for your return. It takes time but "you can’t hold a good man down "!
Larry

I’m not sure the X type is for you.

1. The sills are so rusty on them
  2. They are nothing like an XJ to drive.

An S type maybe more suitable ? (without sports suspension)

saw this :

~£315 a year tax though

Sorry to hear about this Neil. Hope you’re back in the saddle PDQ.

Thanks all for the good wishes.
Bruised but NOT beaten!

1 Like

Well after many years I find I have to move from the XJ Forum and join the S Type one as I’ve replaced my X300 with a 2004 2.5 V6 SE S Type.
A whole new world to get to grips with, so bear with me for a while.

2 Likes

See? We KNEW you couldn’t be Jagless, long!!!

Glad to hear that you’re still a member of the club, Neil, but don’t abandon the X300 forum; we still need your expert advice! Good luck with the S Type.

1 Like