Measurements for Custom Fuel Rails

kirby , some of the lumps are a 1/4" high you would nevver take them out with sandpaper or anything else for that matter, except cutting open, or Extrude hone, it actually can remove only the high protrusions and roughness!

seening is believing, manifolds side by side! it can open the runner entrance like a trumpet funnel shape!

but some say the manifolds are fine as is, also say no need to open the TBs.

to each his own! and Extrude hone can vary from operator to operator!

the best tools i have seen recently, is a guy from Russia, very kool tool for porting.

you would have to see his assortment.

are we talking a Jaguar V12 here??

need more info.

650 cc/min equates to 62 lbs/hr.

I’m looking at 42lbs/hr for a 750hp engine (with upgraded fuel rails and pumps).

If you are serious about your project, then you will have to upgrade diameter of flow and return lines, fuel rail and very definitely the pump(s).

The better question might be “How much can you get out of the factory std sizes?”. Norman Lutz will probably know, but I would guess you might get close to 500 hp?

1 Like

if you have a 12 cylinder ,with 650cc injectors we are talkin close to 1500hp or more!

there are formula for that quick guess!

and to supply enough fuel , you would need at least 2 huge pumps, 0r 4 small hipressure pumps, and proper line size in the 3/4" maybe 1" ID.

aint NO Jag V12 gonna handle it for long!! LOL.

Well in my boredom I ran across a twin turbo’d XJS with full on racing kit, and it was dyno’d at 610bhp at the rear wheels. 5.3 variant.
And I haven’t found any naturally aspirated variants teetering at the 450 / 500 bhp. So I will be following this thread, closely to how close Mark (not me) to the 750bhp mark.

Cheers!
The other Mark