Memories - JONAT 2004

Anyone remember this? It’s been a long time since then and we have all drifted on.

Fazal
Melbourne, Australia

1 Like

I remember it well and fondly :slight_smile:

Cheers
DD

True. Picked up a few good mates along the way :slight_smile:

Still owe you beer/dinner.

BTW, if these travel restrictions lift this year, I feel like trip over. Maybe early Nov or is that too cold? Be interesting to grab the buzz of the election.

I missed this one!!!

In 2004, I was a bit…*preoccupied. Would have loved to meet up.

Fazal,
Not only do I remember JONAT 2004, but I still have the commemorative license plate, to prove my participation, in one of the glass display cabinets in my garage.

2004 was early in my Jaguar hobby, shortly after getting my 1984 XJ6 Vanden Plas. I made the drive out to Lake Havasu City (home of the original London Bridge) with others from the San Diego Jaguar Club and then up to Los Angeles for the events hosted by the Jaguar Owners Club of Los Angeles. It was a pleasure meeting you then, and thank you for reminding me of that fun.
Since then my Jaguar collection grew to six lovely cars, but recently decreased after I sold both my 1987 XJ6 Vanden Plas and my concours condition 1984 XJ6 Vanden Plas JONAT car (to a car collector) so that I could better focus on my four remaining Jaguars. I have been very busy with my 1990 V12 Vanden Plas (formerly owned by Dr. Gregory Andrachuk), the lovely 1990 XJ-S convertible that I bought for my wife, my 1969 E-Type Fixed Head Coupe, and my “barn find” 1957 MK VIII that I am restoring now and hope to drive later this year.
I can’t say that I agree with the timing of your trip as it is likely to be very unpleasant then, and I don’t mean the weather.
Please keep in touch.

Paul

Aha! They are coming out of the woodwork, now! :slight_smile:

As you can see, I still have mine as well. That was a great little trip up the West coast. My biggest regret is not grabbing that (literally) barn find in Oregon. It was a silver E-type S2 DHC, red leather, been sitting under a tarp for at least 15-20 years and the guy only wanted 10k for it. I still weep at my loss! We were just having a pit-stop in some country town and a guy we met at a diner said he knew of this car in a barn. So, just for the hell of it, we chased it up.

And, still got my S3 plus a 3.0 X-type and a 4.2 XF.

Cheers
Fazal

1 Like