Mike Moore's '63 OTS on BAT

Mike Moore has just listed beautiful '63 OTS on BAT:

It’s a wonderful car - beautiful, well-sorted, meticulously maintained, and a joy to drive. I first saw it almost 20 years ago. Mike has been a good friend all that time, so it will definitely be bittersweet to see it go to a new home. Someone will get a truly wonderful car!

Regards,
Ray L.

2 Likes

It does look great. The underside photos show a well-cared for car. When I saw the owner has resided in the Bay Area for decades I figured it was one of the regulars on JL and among the great group of folks I met at Alice’s a time or two. Great chassis number too.

–Drew

1 Like

OMG, hate to see another one of the old timers here leave. Nice car!! Hadn’t seen Mike’s name for a while.
pauls

1 Like

Auction ended at $97.5K. Less than I hoped, but Mike is happy. Seems like prices have come down over the last year or so, and OTS’s no longer seem to bring much of a premium over coupes. Jerry Mouton’s couple sold for $95 last October.

Regards,
Ray L.

My first post here but I too had been watching this OTS. I’m also surprised at the pricing. We can only hope to find such amazing ownership when our time comes.

For now; reading, reading and more reading.

1 Like

I’m not: for a long while, I think E Types have been overpriced.

And adding in the BAT fee would bring Jerry’s car to $99,750 and Mike’s to $102,375.

If Mike is happy, and the buyer is happy, we can’t hope for a better outcome. Congratulations to both!

3 Likes

Hoping this holds true so that all parties feel good about any future changes of stewardship in exchange for money.

My wife and I will have decades of driving our future E - and we’re quite fond of long road trips. I’m hoping we find the right match in the coming year and can join in the fun we only read about now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Has the new owner made their way here in the intervening weeks? Just checking again because in spite of the price, per @Wiggles I really do feel like we missed an opportunity with this particular history. I’ve gone back many times to peek at the photos while comparing to other similar cars on offer.

1 Like