Missing Omega clips

In the distance past I removed the wiring harness from my 54xk120rdstr. Can anyone tell me how many and what size clips I need? I think they were only used in the engine area.

Thanks
Bob

Hi,

These might help.
They are from a xk120 OTS Dec '53.

Tadek

Thank you, thank you. This is perfect. The wiring harness was removed by xk unlimited about 40 years ago.
I am finally putting my car back together.

Is there any where to get the Omega clips besides Jason at xk’s?

No idea, I presume SNG has them, too…
But you should probably have a look at the rest of my photos which I took at disassembly…

yes make them yourself
I have made them here in large quantities and unlike what was being supplied years ago they are correct with correct rubber sleeving not plastic dipped

Has anyone figured out the part numbers of the omega clips?
I have ruled out the C.1040/x series as I believe these are the P-clips in various sizes.

Tadek, your disassembly photo record is excellent! I had your picasaweb website bookmarked but it does not work now. Did you move it?

Terry

I thought about making them, but haven’t found the right material to make them out of. What did you use?

Bob

I had strips of stainless steel lazer cut to right width and folded them up on a series of formers.
The originals are spring steel but its not easy to fold spring steel. the stainless steel which is minutely thicker than original clips seems strong enough to poke through hole and not fall apart. being stainless they are not going to rust
Before use I sleeve actual rubber tube over them repros some years ago were just dipped in plastic

the four in front of radiator are not omega clips

SNG part No’s BF1005/L /M /S
Expensive.
(I like Terry M’s idea and just DIY in ss)

There are about 6 different sizes and shapes one of the small ones has overly long legs on it compared to others One of the part number for of these is C1071.
The only clips I don’t recall a part number for is the 4 in front of radiator mounted to wheel side of panel and from memory these holding wiring along rear boot lid hinge channel

Terry, The ones on my car shown on the photos were Omega. I would doubt anyone would change them on a 34k mile car…

Tadek

Rob,

Picasa was abandoned by Google… I have to move the photos somewhere, I will let you all know when I am done :slight_smile:

2 posts were split to a new topic: Photo Album services, what are people using?

OK your car has omega I will then say I believe early cars have a different type will post photo

Terry, here is a shot from the recent '54 car on BAT:

Andrew, I am not using anything yet - any recommendations?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Photo Album services, what are people using?

Hi Tadek,

You have color coded the clips with four colored circles, green, red, yellow, and orange. Can you take it one step further and give us the color code of the rows of clips you show in your last photo? And one color seems to be missing?

Thanks,
Tom Brady
Brockton, MA
1952 XK-120 FHC 679924

On my carb side valence I have four omega clips about 17/32" OD. On my exhaust side valence I have two omega clips about 25/32" OD. No doubt some are missing.

On the boot wiring which is original I have only P-clips and saddle clips.