MK 2 Exhaust System Installation

Getting ready to install my new (stainless but otherwise stock system from SNG Barratt) exhaust system on my 64 MK2. Any suggestions on process including sequencing of components? Thanks.
Lin

I would start from the front , work back , don’t tighten the bolts up till its all hanging in the right place !

My experience installing that system is short extensions were required on the muffler hangers to get everything to fit. Not a big deal to make out of steel or aluminum flat stock. I’ve been completely happy with the tesults.

Lin please video or still photo document this event for future listers to peruse.

Gerard

On mine coming from Martin Robey (for my Mk2), this is how I proceeded:
-I first hanged the silencer where it was supposed to be, installing then the pipes coming from the manifold.
-this allowed me to see that one of the silencer inlet pipe was not exactly aligned with the intermediary pipe and that the silencer right bracket needed to be lenghtened.
-So first journer to a nearby workshop to have this corrected.
-Back home and under the car, fitted again the intermediary pipes and silencer, so far, so good.
-Approaching the end pipes, I saw that the bend in the middle was not acute enough (the more or less horizontal part rubbed against the petrol tank), so second journey to the workshop to have it corrected.
-After that, everything fitted well.

Just to get back to the Forum with an update, I finished the trial installation of the exhaust system. This is essentially a test install as I am assembling all of the major systems on the car and then disassembling for bodywork and paint. This is a link to the page on my website addressing the exhaust system installation should anyone be interested. Thanks. Comments and critiques welcome as I will need to do this one more time:-)
Lin