MK IV 3.5 dash wiring

As some of you may or may not know my restoration of my MK IV hit a bit of a pot hole with the death of my restoration guy about 70-75 % through the project. Fortunately the resto was on my perfectly good original car so my new guy has been able to pick up fairly smoothly. We are a little stumped on the dash wiring. RI wiring supplied all new harnesses but the dash is still a little tricky. Anyone have good clear pics which would aid in our adventure. Paul Tour one of the original factory mechanics is taking this on but any help with dash pics would help.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ed, surely you have a color pictorial in your archives.

Gust Nelson

As the rear dash wiring is likely to be a little bit cramped to see individual wires and their colours on a photo, then the following wiring diagrams and a sketch drawing I made for my MK IV 1.5 Ltr may help (particularly when you are working from behind the dashboard). I’m not sure if you have a RHD or LHD car (so included both wiring diagrams), so just remember to check where your instrument actually are located on the woodwork before you position any wiring and cut them !!.

Thanks much helpful.

Gust Nelson