MK IV front wings (fenders)

Greetings everyone, and Happy Easter.

Does anyone know where the p/n numbers on the front wings are located. According to the parts manual, there are four different sets of wings.
2.5 sedan - 2.5 DHC
3.5 sedan - 3.5 DHC.
In case anyone is interested, there is a set for sale on the East Coast of the US. Conditions appear reasonable according to the photos.
Popop

Do you mean part numbers stamped on the wings? I never heard that Jaguar ever did that.
I am not aware of any difference between saloon and DHC, but there are different wings for pre and post war, due to a change in the radiator and grille shell.

I see that post war there are different for 2.5 and 3.5, but could that be due to the horn mounting holes?

There is also a set for sale at JK Restorations in Oswego Illinois, or was a year ago.

1 Like

Gents
There is a substantial difference between the 2.5 and 3.5 front wings due to the different Bonnet / Grille width.
Regards
David

Yes, there is one slat less each side of the grille for the 2.5 compared to the 3.5, and another slat less again for the 1.5. So the the grilles, radiators, bonnets and wings are not interchangeable. As far as I am aware, there is no such difference between the 2.5 and 3.5 Mk V.

1 Like

Gentlemen, Thank you for sharing your knowledge. Without a stamped I.D., I supposed the dimensional differences (if any) between a 2.5 and 3.5 would be where both fenders meet at the center lower side of the radiator grille. Separated with a chrome trim. Aside from mounting holes, or a specific point of measurement, curious how the factory determined different p/n? Which leads me to believe that somewhere, would be a stamped ID.
Popop

I think it’s true that the 3.5 has one slat difference each side but the 2.5 and 1.5 have the same widths and slat numbers.

Peter