Mk IX brake calipers

(Inc

Description:rear

Asking price (if selling):

Contact information: 816-215-1822

Cost of shipping (if selling):

Willing to ship worldwide?

I sent my mk IX rear calipers to white post for rebuilding. The rebuilt parts were left on my porch and porch pirates stole them. If I can find some more that would great. Please contact me with any leads where i find any. Thanks. Jerry

Please always be careful before sending money or valuables to someone you don’t know. Use an escrow service if you’re not 100% certain of the identity and integrity of the person you’re dealing with.

By using this service you agree to resolve any and all disputes with the other party directly, and to indemnify and hold Jag-lovers harmless from any claims, losses, liability, or expenses (including attorneys’ fees) that arise from your use of Jag-lovers and this service.

Jerry MK2 rear caliper bodies and early EType 1 3/4” pistons instead of the MK9
1 7/8” items might solve the prob.
If the handbrake mechanisms are lost also, more of a problem!
If you cannot locate MK9 or XK 150 items then this is a long shot. Some early JCB tractor/ diggers use suitable mechanisms as a transmission brake,
these are one hand but can be adapted as a pair. So ! Any JCB parts suppliers
In your area ! you might get lucky.
Peter B

Thankyou Peter,
I do still have the handbrake parts. Just the dual cylinder and brake line. So a mk 2 will bolt up?

As I recall MK 9 discs are 1/2” at the front and 3/8” rear, MK 2s are also 3/8” F and R whereas the E type rear calipers go with 1/2” discs, as I’m sure you know. Bolt spacing as well as offset is the same on the rear calipers for 9 2 and E , the mounting brackets allow for the difference In disc diameter.
Peter B

As I recall, the MK9 calipers are 2 1/2" and the bolt pattern is different. Better go on the sedan forum to make sure. Years ago I sold a set of used ones for a Ferrari guy.

Phil.

Yes you are correct Phil but ! we are talking REAR calipers.
Peter B

I’m not very familiar with the MK9 calipers, but if they are 2 1/8" diameter pistons and the bolt pattern the same as the E’s with the slip on brake pads and not the glue-ons like the early 150’s, you can buy brand new calipers from Datsun (Nissan) for about $100 each. Early Datsuns used them and they are still available as factory parts. If you look through my posts about 6 months ago, I had the factory Nissan part number. I don’t have it with it now. At the shop we buy about 2 dozen a year for customer cars.

Phil.

It’s Jerry at the top of the thread that needs the calipers Phil, but yes I recall your thread on the Nissan calipers.
The MK9 front calipers are , as you suggest, 2 1/2” dis with a wider spaced bolt dimension for the caliper body, but the rear pistons are 1 7/8” dia. on the smaller body.
The relevant point is , do the Nissan calipers mount the Jaguar handbrake mechanisms ?