Mk vii , air conditioning

Has anyone on here put air conditioning into there saloon?
More interested in the position of the compressor in the tight engine bay.
Also if any success in a boot mounted unit.
To go into a mk vii

yes, I have pictures of an example, and a write-up on it, will take a look for it

This system might be what you are looking for:

http://www.retroair.com/jaguarairconditioning/markixlhd.html

Gerard

$2400 seems quite reasonable, for a kit.

This would eliminate cobbling together a system that isn’t tested. This company is based in Texas where it gets really hot!

Hi tony, would be interested in your pictures.
Yes jag man kit looks good, however I am rhd. And have the sources to install a system for less than the kit cost landed here is Aus.

Thank you for your replies.

1 Like

Any luck with finding the info tony?

Yes…here is my attempt to upload a pdf file

alternator and AC installation notes mkvii.pdf (1.4 MB)

Great setup just what I was wanting thank you

I ran air con in a MK Vii for about 15 years,
Things I learnt…
The condenser in front of the radiator works the air con best, unfortunately it males the engine run hotter at the times when it most inconvenient. The MKVII has a much smaller grille opening than modern jaguars. However putting the condenser under the LH (passenger) side floor between the sill and chassis does not affect the temp of the engine. I used two in series and had a fan on each sucking upwards. This however is not as effective but was good for Lo to mid 30s C ambient temps, but I decided good air con wasn’t much use if the car won’t run.
It may simplify the engine end if instead of adapting a large alternator, one of the new ‘ alternators that look like a Lucas generator” is used. Identical in dimensions.
I also found that the blower being under the dash in the centre was more appealing than having the cooling of possible back seat passengers as a priority. And I think almost every modern car manufacturer does this.
And lastly a/c in. mKVII will never work as well as climate control in a modern car which has been design for better insulation and resistance to solar intrusion. So one should have realistic expectations.