MK10 transmission leak

Peder, my car does not have a Mk10 emblem in the right lower boot lid. Vin # is 1D75725
You can see photos in the classified, as I bought it through this forum recently

Not well represented other than being a very solid car, which is most important. I’ll be very pleased with it when sorted, actually pretty excited about it now.

Tony, please don’t think I discount your experience - I’m scratching my head about the discrepancy. When you did this, did you unbolt the torque converter to pull it with the transmission? That would make a big difference in how far back you would have to slide the tranny. It looks like it’s enough to me, but???. I will look at the area you mention. Please send the link when you have a chance.

For now, it seems I may have escaped transmission R&R if the transX continues to work. I hope to get antifreeze back in it today. I’ll need to replace all the hoses - none seem to be available on the west coast, but it looks like a spare used xj6 series 3 hose gives me what I need for the top and bottom water pump outlet hoses.

Many thanks for the invaluable input here.
Ron