Just found this on the forums

“I personally would never buy a new fan and clutch. If mine were
shot, as yours are, I’d take the opportunity to upgrade to an
electric fan. Go to a junkyard and rip a 16" electric fan out of a
Chevy of some sort, pay the yard $25 for it, and then figure out how
to mount it and wire it. One major plus: You never have to worry
about exploding fans again.”

~WRD000.jpg

I’m running a junk yard two speed Taurus fan in my '71 Maverick with a 347. I can feel the breeze at the back bumper. Those fans move an incredible amount of air. I just needed to modify the shroud and get a fan controller.

Micah

TOTAL RESTO TRANSFORMS MICAH WELLMAN’S ’71 MAVERICK THAT GRANDPA HAD BOUGHT NEW (ford.com)

Thanks Ill look at that Did you have to fabricate a support for the fan Where does it join Mike

~WRD000.jpg

The shroud was actually a little bit bigger than the radiator. I had to cut it down but there was enough material to attach it to the side of the radiator with some fine machine screws. Not sure how big your radiator is.
Let me see if I have a good picture.

Micah

Thanks for your help As I have to get the rad repaired or replaced it might be cheaper to buy one of the rads on e-bay I don’t know if they are as efficient as mine which cost over 1000 Canadian. If you cut and paste you will see the ones on E-bay The one seller talks of a push an puller fan ?? I have some research to do Aluminum replacement rads on SNG are 1200 plus American Welches have them cheaper at around late 600s

Mike

ALUMINUM RADIATOR+SHROUD+FAN for JAGUAR MK1/MK2 MK I/MKII S-TYPE SALOON 55-67 MT | eBay

~WRD000.jpg

Hi I’ve found a kit thu Revotec in UK

Easiest for me, come with everything

Mike

~WRD000.jpg

Ha!. If you look at the photo of him after his first heart transplant, he is standing outside the trauma unit entrance at Groot Schuur hospital in Cape Town.

I worked in that unit in the late 1980’s.

I have one of these in one of my E Types. It has lasted over 5 years and still works.

Push vs pull depends on which side of the rad the fan is placed, which is mostly up to how much space you have.

Hi Andrew I was Senior Resident to Jannie Louw H was a hard taskmaster Afet that I worked in Ladysmith as a general surgeon and then was a Pediagtric Surgeon In Bara You would have worked under DAVE Dent a great guy.

The teaching there in retrospect was lousy I got about 3 Sundays off in 18 months and only when Jannie was on Holiday Dave let me have the Sundays off Where about are you

Mike

~WRD000.jpg

I’m an anaesthesiologist in South Australia.

Yeah the world’s changed. I cut my teeth on 1:2 or 1:3 call and 100 hours average a week.

My trainees work a strict 76 hour fortnight now and in some of our training hospitals the anaesthetic consultant sleeps in overnight.

Hii Andrew

Yes it’s a different lifestyle now

Did you know Geof O. Connor form Dubbo I saw a RiP yesterday

He was or is an ex pal I always tried to beat him to the girls he was interested in Might explain why he never contacted me

Wasily Sakalo form Perth brought the UK Doctors out on strike We met him in Edinburgh

Tried to0contact hm but failed

IO ended ojup as a colorectal surgeon My e-mail was colonsandsemicolons

Mike

~WRD000.jpg

Very well done
Thanks

Hi to everyone I have ben byust creating a beatiful garage tosit in and ponder why I bought this car.
I took it out for a ride and a bent blade on the fan destroyed my lovely aluminum rad I bought a very nice replacement from Moss I then got a pusher revotech fan from Race Parts Guess what the car wouldnt start I went thru the lot yet again Then after lots of discussion learnt that the distirbutor cap and distributor was soaked in Prestone I have put in a new distributor and cap and timed it it to the front cylinder,I will attempt to start tomorrow.
Interestingly I found out that the points distribuutor showed the rotor at 5 O;clock The same company eelctronic distierbutor showed the rotor at 7 O’clock This caused me past confusion Good night or morning If you want to know the best way to fix the fan, dont use the mounts from

the company

Mike

Did you have luck starting your Jag now?
Curious on status.
Good luck,
john

Yesterday I found out that the starting carb wasn’t working I spent the afternoon underneath the dash and then I just found another switched power source and it works well unfortunately ther are two orphan wires Green and Green brown On is fan I think Tomorrow Ill turn on the ignition and turn on all the switches to see what is not working I have TYC at 6 very accurately so fingers crossed Good spark Will let you know

Mike

~WRD000.jpg

ASC not operational will make an absolute world of difference to how your engine operates.

If tuned correctly, from cold, without the ASC the cars are hard to start and idle like rubbish

You may have to compensate the tune on your main carbs once the ASC is operational (if they were tuned too rich for cold start & run)

a lighted switch is how many people control the ASC

I have just put the carbs back to default I turned the aux carb down and then up about three turns I don’t understand t he lighted switch Could yo explain

Mike

~WRD000.jpg

The ASC can be controlled by an in-cabin switch, which has a light to indicate its on or off

The Otter switch which normally controls the ASC is not necessarily accurate

Its a common modification

1 Like

A manual ASC switch is a great idea, as if you start driving at a reasonable speed and no longer need the assistance of a “choke”, you can turn it off rather than waiting for the heat of the otter switch. My opinion is that this prevents washing of the cylinder walls with fuel and also saves petrol. My switch is the cigar lighter button on the dash. No extra drilling or odd wiring needed. Very easy to install. Additionally if you flood the engine you can turn off the ASC, hold the throttle to the floor and get the engine started without unnecessary fuel entering the engine.

Terminology confused me I have I switch on the ASC That was the problem it had come adrift under the dash Mike

~WRD000.jpg