MK2 3.54:1 LSD into 240

That’s a great job all round, Ian. Well done. I have just had a MOD set up from a 420 put into my car, with a 3.54. My 3.4 litre will pull easily away in OD from under 40mph. Wasn’t expecting that. Paul.

Happy to hear that, I’m in the process of the 4 sp MODinto my ‘65 ‘S’ with the 3.54 diff

E-bay job Robin £19.99 deliverd :blush:

Pretty sure I am higher revs than that with a MOD 3.73. I will have to go see. It does pull easily in OD from 1000 RPM to red line effortlessly. I will go check with sat nav, as I have the wrong size tires on such that 100 MPH on the speedo is actually only the low nineties. Checked that in Wyoming, USA awhile back where the speed limit was 85, things happen quickly at 100

Gerard

Is it 3.73 or 3.77 jag-man ,
in the book 3.77 with overdrive is

mph rev
60 . 2300
70 . 2670
80 . 3038

The service Manual , has no listings for a 3.54 with overdrive as it was never fitted as far as I know , just the Manual and Auto box cars had the 3.54 .

O/d 3.8’s and 3.4’s were 3.77 diffs. Straight 4 speeds were normally 3,54
Ian what was 19.99 GBp?

L,S,D oil .better to buy 5lt then a few one’s !

Hit the wrong keys, its a 3.77 and I will go out today and get some readings of RPM’s

Gerard

Wanted 2 half shaft nuts and washers and 1 key , don’t mind a bit of rust , UK .

Couple of nuts (plated) Ian, do you have the washers? No key .

I think I may have the washers and perhaps 1 key somewhere.

Hi , have no washers Peter .!

Address? ill send washers also.
For the key , Wardell or make one!

I see if I can root it out. I know I have one somewhere, as I remember comparing it with a Mk9 one which is bigger.
Give me a couple of days and I’ll give up a yeah or ney.
Got hubs , half shafts, bearing housings and all that if you ever need any of it.

1 Like

While You’re on the subject and I’m wondering how to hit the wrench - are rear axle nuts of different thread orientation = Left and Right … CW & CCW unscrew ? (missing vocabulary argh!)

No they are both normal thread.
You need to block the hub studs with something to stop it turning. Putting the handbrake on won’t be sufficient and don’t leave it in gear.
Apply a large ring spanner and wallop it with a lead hammer. I’ve done about half a dozen. All came off fairly easily.

1 Like

I’ve found the key Ian. I’ll post it to you on Monday.
Same address as last time I assume. ME16 etc etc.
Don’t want any payment.
One less item for my executers to skip when the time comes!!!

1 Like

Thank you wardell , yes same address , I will put some cash in the BBMF box , next time I am down there

Res

1 Like

Ian, how come You don’t have studs for the rear wheels but bolts ? Mk2 flavor ? I doubt it …

Words to downsize by!!!