Mk2 earliest-style horn ring and cover pics

Here are some pics of what seems to be the earliest style of Mk2 horn ring and cover for the archives. This is from my 1960 3.4 Mk2. As you can see in the pic of the cover, the 2 clips that hold it to the horn ring are broken.

This is a followup to another thread but I thought I’d use a more descriptive name for the post so the next guy trying to figure out what it looks like can find it.
Original post:

!

!

I learned something from your post. My 1963 Mk2 Auto Australian delivered car has a different means of attachment for the plastic cover. It is held on with two pins that broke out of the plastic because I pulled it instead trying to push at the pins from behind.
I needed a new steering wheel for my car and several years ago bought a used steering column with the red centre button on the horn ring but it was from an S type. I see today that it has clips that attach the plastic to the horn ring. It appears that they have been re-glued at some time. The clips can be prised free with a couple of screwdrivers.

Great to see what the clips are actually supposed to look like Gary! I’ve seen the pin version - in fact that’s the only one I’ve ever seen before I got this car.

Hi Mike,
On only rejoined this group today.
I should have added that there was no sign of any foam behind the centre. Also although you probably know if you have seen the one with two pins, its horn ring has not notches for the clips. There are other differences also.
regards,
Gary Palmer