MK2 ex targa tasmania car

so,
As I get older, I find I have the resources to buy what I used to dream about…Ok I guess it’s nothing flash but, I have recently got myself a series 1 xj that participated in the Northern territory “cannonball run” it still has all it’s race mods ect, but the floor pans on both sides are just gone… :(. so some work to do there…Then I went and got myself a modded mk2 with race history as well… apparently targa Tasmania 2001, 2002 and 2003… So thing is, looking for anybody who may have some photos / history of this vehicle :slight_smile:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z45tDeUP7q4&t=510s

1 Like

That mk2 sounds unreal. What are the engine specs do you know? Thanks

Would appreciate any info on suspension setup on the Mk2. Rear sway bar fitted? Diameter of front bar? Thanks.

I really don’t know yet, It’s on a truck on it’s way here, Aside from the carb’s cams ect…PO claims 420 bhp, I suspect that’s somewhat overstated…I would have thought 320…maybe…

I’ll have a look when it arrives and let you know.

The Jaguar Car Club of Western Australia Face book page

Terry Mcgrath shared a link.
February 2 at 8:32am

amazing this is the car why was it in perth on its way to NT according to this

"seen yesterday on back of truck corner Tonkin and morley drive what looked like race prepared MKII white with number 7 on the door
no pic wasn’t quick enough… See More
Jaguar Mk2 Targa off to new home
I sold my Jaguar historic race car to a fellow in the Northern Territory. Just a little video to show him the car before it left me.
youtube.com
LikeShow more reactions
CommentShare
1 1
Comments
View 1 more comment
Seth Higson
Seth Higson Depends who the transport company was and where their “hub” is/onforwarders/etc
Like · Reply · February 2 at 8:45pm
Terry Mcgrath
Terry Mcgrath OK car was actually here in Perth so that why I saw it on the truck! see this you tube clip https://youtu.be/Z45tDeUP7q4
Jaguar 1960 Mk2 Targa Historic Race Car for sale in Perth
youtube.com
Like · Reply · Remove Preview · 23 hrs · Edited