MK2 Heritage Certificate

Got my cert, all the numbers match except for the Body.

Did some searching and this doesn’t seem to matter as the consensus seems to be the number could have been anything anyway as they don’t have a separate body.

The chassis number is correct and is the same number stamped into the body at the front.

Anyone else experienced the same?

Stew

I also just received my certificate with a comment that the body number doesn’t match the number I provided. This is for my 61 3.8 manual with a steel sunroof. Removed the rear bumper as the Trust suggested and found no body number tag. The same number as on the engine bay plate was handwritten on the painted body under the bumper. The tag next to the fuel pump was unreadable. I didn’t look in the floor area where another number may have been that would reference them back to the Pressed Steel body manufacturer number. Everything on the car is as it left the factory so curious if your car also has a sunroof. I’m told that only 500 were ever built and that they would take a standard body (probably the one they have on file in Coventry) and modify and strengthen the body to fit the sliding roof. The body would then be given another new number which I assume is the one on the plate and written behind the rear bumper. Does anybody know if this is indeed the case or why body numbers don’t match the records or shed any light on whether they are important or not ?

Mine doesn’t have a sun roof. Was planning to check behind the bumper this weekend.