MK2 minimum brake rotor thickness

I was amazed to find that my Jaguar service manual for Mark 2 models doesn’t even mention brake rotor replacement. I’m working on a '62 model with unventilated rotors that have a stock thickness of .375". My rotors measure as follows: LF=.315; RF=.307; LR=.338; RR=.346. I assume these are all well below the minimum acceptable rotor thickness, but I’d like to know for sure. Anyone know the official minimum thickness?

Probably because cars back then were not meant to be still on the roads :slight_smile:
Having said that yes I would be replacing them, rotors today are much more sacrificial and wear at a great rate than ones produced 50+ years ago - or so it seems - or the pad material is more aggressive?

your rears would be ok

on my 420G, front discs are 1/2"…minimum is 3/8"

they are original, just below minimum, the outside edge even has chips off it. (not in the swept area) they still work very well

I have new discs, pistons, seals and will install them soon

I have new aftermarket rotors to fit on my Mk2. Jagdaim in Melbourne were running them out last year for $37.00 each plus postage. I think they are only 3/8". Paul

Yes the rears are 3/8" on most of the saloons that I know of, and fit XJ,
I got mine for $19each from David Manners.

I am always a bit puzzled why people want to “upgrade” Jaguar brakes,
if you can lock the wheels up, better spend the money on great tyres

Xk’s here in the USA is having a rotor sale:

https://xks.com/i-7084282-jaguar-front-brake-rotor-06-95010.html?ref=category:1207477

Gerard