Mk2 seat swap for X type ones

Hi. Thanks for letting me join. I have bought a '63 3.4 mod mk2 and she needs a few things. One of them is seats. Now I’m on a bit of a budget so until i can afford to recover them properly I’m wondering if i cam make some X type ones fit front and back?
Has anyone tried or is there another option? Thanks

I suspect you’ll find that the box section crossing under the seat will be in the way.

I don’t mind cutting the seat frames about on the new seats. Or i can make brackets no problem. It’s the rears that I’m suspecting will be the bother. I was thinking of using estate seats as the rear of the back seats are flat.
I recently had an old Vauxhall with Volvo estate seats and they fitted that ok.

The box section is about 4x4" running right across the bottom of the squab.

XJ40 seats are close. I think a few people have done fitted them.

Are your original really toast? I’ve had good luck with repairing and respraying originals.

They’ve been repaired once already in the distant past by the look of them and now they are cracking and ripping every time i touch them.
I’ll keep them and redo them in time but just wanted a quick ish fix to get her looking ok for now.

There’s a MK11 here in NZ that has XJ40 seats fittted. Not sure how much of a hassle it was but thy looked good.

Series 1 XJ seats fit quite well and look the part, especially the
Daimler version. You will need to fab a subframe.
Peter B.

There is a box section , but I think fitting seats with flat frame would not be too much of a problem , as Jaguar fittead fixing points both sides of the box section !