Mk2 - where does these parts go - help :)

After a respray of my mk2 '62 a few years back, and the car and parts waiting, untouched in the garage waiting for assembly - I got lost on where these four parts go. Anyone knows?
They were actually not taken of by me, but came in a box with the car, from the company that did the respray.
I actually don’t know where they go - do you?

They hold the rubber strip/door seal in place at the back edge of the front wings. I seem to remember that they are pop rivited in place. You are lucky to have a pair in such good condition, as the rubber seal holds water and rots them out.

The two on the left are for the rear doors, the ones on the right for the fronts:

Hi, big thanks to both of you - this was really helpfull! Highly appreciated.

Cheers
Morten

When installing the rubber door seals, they are first glued to these strips (and not to the channel on the body). Then the seal and strip are inserted together behind the hinge from the top and pop-riveted in place. Thats why there are four strips - one for the hinge side of each door. The remaining top, bottom and latch side of each door seal can be simply glued into the channel.

The only other satisfactory way to install the seals in the correct position is to remove the doors before gluing the seals.

1 Like

Thanks Bruce, I’ve been dreading the task of pulling the two rear doors to install my door rubber trim for quite awhile now. I will try it your way.

Gerard

Her’s a pic to show the final install.